Kundalini Yoga Venus Kriyas Shiva Shakti Pose
Steps to follow:
1. Sit opposite your partner and begin with tuning in with the hands in prayer mudra (hands together before the chest), by chanting three times: "Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo" .
2. Then chant: "Aad Guray Namay, Jugat Guray Namay, Sat Guray Namay, Siri Guru Devay Namay" three times.
3. With hands still together, look into the eyes of your partner and bow your head in recognition of the God-consciousness in her or him.
4. When looking into each other's eyes, project love and divine light. Project humbly: for example, "I am nothing, you are great." This opens the heart to let love flow, the real love that Yogi Bhajan defines as "the experience of selflessness within oneself." If no mantra is specified you may chose any loving thoughts or positive affirmations.
Venus Kriya Siva Shakti Pose:
Now stand facing your partner in Shiva Shakti Pose: The man's left hand holds the woman's left hand and both right hands are held up. Right upper arms are parallel to the ground.
Look into each other's eyes throughout. Lift up you left leg and balance on your right leg. The left leg does'nt touch the right leg'Holding this position, let yourself become the God Shiva (man) or the Goddess Shakti (woman). Let your souls dance.
Hold for 3 minutes, changing legs if necessairy. (originally given as a 31-minute exercise.)
Then complete the kriya with steps 5 and 6.
5. Stretch up, twist from side to side, again bring hands together, look into the eyes of your partner, and say: "Thank you. Sat Nam", (that is Truth is my Identity), and bow deeply before your partner.
6. Massage each other if you feel like it, and then relax completely.
*) updated August 25" 2017
The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan ©2008