Kundalini Yoga Venus Kriyas Sending Prana
Steps to follow:
1. Sit opposite your partner and begin with tuning in with the hands in prayer mudra (hands together before the chest), by chanting three times: "Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo" .
2. Then chant: "Aad Guray Namay, Jugat Guray Namay, Sat Guray Namay, Siri Guru Devay Namay" three times.
3. With hands still together, look into the eyes of your partner and bow your head in recognition of the God-consciousness in her or him.
4. When looking into each other's eyes, project love and divine light. Project humbly: for example, "I am nothing, you are great." This opens the heart to let love flow, the real love that Yogi Bhajan defines as "the experience of selflessness within oneself." If no mantra is specified you may chose any loving thoughts or positive affirmations.
Venus Kriya Sending Prana:
Now sit in on your heels (Rock Pose) with the arms out at shoulder level, touching palms with your partner. Stare into each other's eyes without blinking. Send Prana (life force) through the hands and eyes.
Continue for 2 minutes. (originally given as 10 minutes.) Then close your eyes and visualize your partner for 1 minute. (time originally optional.)
Complete the kriya with steps 5 and 6.
5. Stretch up, twist from side to side, again bring hands together, look into the eyes of your partner, and say: "Thank you. Sat Nam", (that is Truth is my Identity), and bow deeply before your partner.
6. Massage each other if you feel like it, and then relax completely.
*) updated August 31" 2017
The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan ©2008