Kundalini Yoga Venus Kriyas Liver Twist
Steps to follow:
1. Sit opposite your partner and begin with tuning in with the hands in prayer mudra (hands together before the chest), by chanting three times: "Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo" .
2. Then chant: "Aad Guray Namay, Jugat Guray Namay, Sat Guray Namay, Siri Guru Devay Namay" three times.
3. With hands still together, look into the eyes of your partner and bow your head in recognition of the God-consciousness in her or him.
4. When looking into each other's eyes, project love and divine light. Project humbly: for example, "I am nothing, you are great." This opens the heart to let love flow, the real love that Yogi Bhajan defines as "the experience of selflessness within oneself." If no mantra is specified you may chose any loving thoughts or positive affirmations.
Venus Kriya Liver Twist: (This exercise strengthens the liver)
Stand up facing each other.
Put your hands on your partner's triceps.
Stand on tiptoes and lean against each other.
Begin twisting left and right, you twist one way as your partner twists the other.
Continue for 3 minutes. Then inhale, exhale and complete the exercise with steps 5 and 6.
5. Stretch up, twist from side to side, again bring hands together, look into the eyes of your partner, and say: "Thank you, Sat Nam", (that is Truth is my Identity), and bow deeply before your partner.
6. Massage each other if you feel like it, and then relax completely.
*) updated August 21" 2017
The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan ©2008