Kundalini Yoga Venus Kriyas Life Nerve Stretch
Steps to follow:
1. Sit opposite your partner and begin with tuning in with the hands in prayer mudra (hands together before the chest), by chanting three times: "Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo" .
2. Then chant: "Aad Guray Namay, Jugat Guray Namay, Sat Guray Namay, Siri Guru Devay Namay" three times.
3. With hands still together, look into the eyes of your partner and bow your head in recognition of the God-consciousness in her or him.
4. When looking into each other's eyes, project love and divine light. Project humbly: for example, "I am nothing, you are great." This opens the heart to let love flow, the real love that Yogi Bhajan defines as "the experience of selflessness within oneself." If no mantra is specified you may chose any loving thoughts or positive affirmations.
Venus Kriya Life Nerve Stretch: (This is a very powerful exercise)
Then come sitting with your legs outstretched in front of you, feet touching your partner's, knees straight. Extend your arms between your outstretched legs and grasp your partner's hands. Keep your spine straight.
Look into your partner's eyes, projecting divine love. Continue with normal breathing for 1 minute, then with Breath of Fire for 2 minutes. (Originally given as 2 minutes of normal breathing followed by 3 minutes of Breath of Fire.)
When the time is up, inhale and hold the breath in, allowing the energy to circulate.. Then exhale and apply Mula Bandha. (contract the muscles of the rectum and sex organs, and draw them to wards the navel point. Also pull in on the navel point..)
(Originally given with a 5-minute rest followed by a repetition of the exercise.)
Complete the kriya with steps 5 and 6.
5. Stretch up, twist from side to side, again bring hands together, look into the eyes of your partner, and say: "Thank you. Sat Nam", (that is Truth is my Identity), and bow deeply before your partner.
6. Massage each other if you feel like it, and then relax completely.
*) updated September 1" 2017
The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan ©2008